10 Great Reasons to Join a Chamber…
1. Membership brings credibility to yourbusiness. You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of a chamber of commerce.
– Dearborn Chamber of Commerce in Michigan
2. Increase your visibility in the community. As a new member of the chamber of commerce, you will be listed in the chamber newsletter, e-newsletter, on Facebook and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other chamber publications. You also can grow your business by advertising with the chamber and sponsoring events. The chamber may also promote your grand opening/ ribbon cutting ceremony and assist with any public relations efforts.
– Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce in Texas
3. Create networking opportunities. Chambers have numerous committees and serving on one of them provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You can build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
– Columbia County Chamber of Commerce in Georgia
4. Gain a voice in government. The local chamber takes on the tough issues and opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses. It also helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
– Yuma Chamber of Commerce in California
5. Make business contacts. The chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
– Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce in South Carolina
6. Receive chamber newsletters. Newsletters provide new member information, interestinginformation about operating a local business, articles about the local community, a communitycalendar and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things.
– Teton Valley Chamber of Commerce in Idaho
7. Acquire customer referrals. Every day, your local chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, and chamber members typically recommend chamber members.
– Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce in Tennessee
8. Chamber events and programs. Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors— and generate new business leads.
– Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce in California
9. Promotion and publicity. With a chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
– Pike County Chamber of Commerce in Illinois
10. Access to members-only discounts and services. These differ from chamber to chamber. For example, the Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce in Oregon has a member-to-member discount program where a chamber member will receive $10 off any phone or accessory purchased from the local Verizon Wireless retailer in Sandy, which is a member of the chamber.
– Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce in Oregon
Join the Greater Temple Terrace Chamber of Commerce TODAY!
President & CEO